On monday, Memorial Day, I was thinking how my life is better than I ever anticipated that it would be. I am married to my best friend, have a beautiful daughter, have graduated with my degree, and am a stay at home mom living in my own home. Sometimes I feel as if I am taking everything for granted. I was reading a blog and it reminded me of my despair I felt years ago as a single woman. I remember wondering if I would ever have a relationship, ever get married, ever be a mom, ever graduate, ever have the job I wanted of staying home with my kids. My life is amazing but sometimes I just need to stop and remember that. Life isn't about having the most fanciest house, having the nicest car, having the ricest husband, or basically any of the "ests" in the world. It's sometimes hard to remember that when you live in the world today. I'll tell Eric that we should move to a bigger house, start building our future house, buy a new car, or that I should get a job and pay off some of our debt.
The truth is--our house is just the right size for us and another couple children, that our car is nice and runs well, we don't owe that much debt, I get to stay at home and enjoy every moment of being a mom, Eric has the best job in the world, and I don't NEED to work. Sometimes I just wish that we could live in a bubble because the world just wants us to have more and I am satisfied with what we have but feel pressured to have more. We hiked up to Doughnut Hole Falls where Eric asked me to marry him nearly three years ago. It was special because it was the first time that I had ever gotten to see it in daylight. It takes about a good solid 45 minutes to hike up there so when he asked me to marry him we ended up getting up there when it was dark up there. The next time we cross country skied up there and it took us forever to get up there and it was dark when we got up there also. It was a beautiful day and it was fun to show Gen where our family began.
No comments:
Post a Comment