Monday, November 1, 2010
Halloween
Sorry for posting two posts on the same day. I know that if I don't post about Halloween then I'll get caught up in homework and doing stuff around the house and it will never get done. This last Halloween was the best so far to date. I got to spend all this weekend doing something that I absolutely love to do: spend almost every waking moment with my hubby. It was a busy hectic weekend but I had so much fun! We spent Friday night working on building our fence and making costumes including a huge paper mache ball costume for Dahlia. I decided this year that I would enter pictures of us in our costumes in probably my most favorite author's yearly costume contest. The winner of each category gets an advanced copy of her novel that isn't coming out until the end of February. I decided that I would dress up as a character out of her book series, and since I'm always calling Dahlia Eric's little ball and chain because she constantly has her teeth attached to his shoes and is always following him around after he gets off work I made him an inmate costume and we made her the ball and chain. I haven't gotten pictures of her in her costume yet because the contest doesn't end until the middle of next month. Here are Eric and I's costumes though if you'd like to take a gander.

I don't really care if I win the contest (okay, maybe a little I would love the book early) because I had so much fun making the costumes. The author is Kim Harrison by the way if you haven't heard of her and you like vampires and stuff like that you should look her up. She is an amazing author. We worked on the fence some more, carved some awesome pumpkins, and went to our stake's Halloween chili cook-off. The whole weekend was so much fun. I enjoyed myself a lot and so did Eric. It was our first Halloween being married and I hope that every year is this much fun. Here are our pumpkins we carved. Eric did the one that looks like Dahlia and mine has a Raptor and a bumble bee on it.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment